Using custom fabrication to meet your needs, we fulfill custom membrane silicon fabrication requests for a wide range of applications.
Popular Custom Solutions
We offer services ranging from genomic and photonic biosensors and microfluidic cell culture to protein and nanoparticle separations and high resolution, environmental electron, x-ray microscopy, and silicon membrane fabrication. Below are some of our most popular custom solutions including custom silicon membranes.
Silicon Wafer Specifications
- 100, 200, 300 micron thick, with other thicknesses and CZ/FZ grown options
- 100 mm (4-inch) diameter
- 150 mm (6-inch) diameter
Custom Mask Design & Mask Printing
- Feature size resolution to 350 nanometers (line/space resolution)
- Minimum membrane window size typically ~5 microns
- Maximum membrane window size (based on film) up to 25 mm x 25 mm
Front-to-back Alignment Lithography
- Front-to-back tolerance +/-5 microns or better (+/-20 microns for 150 mm)
- Pores down to 500 nm can be etched in suspended membranes
- Orientation or identification marks can be etched into the suspended membrane or over support silicon to reduce interference with imaging
- Deposition of aluminum, palladium, and gold (50 to 200 nm thicknesses)
- Deposition of an adhesive layer of titanium, chrome, etc.
- Features to less than 10 microns with alignment to membrane windows within +/-5 microns
- Devices are typically separated from the supporting wafer and packaged in transparent gel boxes for ease of handling and viewing
- All devices are individually inspected under light microscopy
- Devices can also be designed with continuous films for spin coating that can be later dissected along scribe lines by the customer
- Die singulation via multiple dicing processes
Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Monolayer vapor phase deposition
- Range of salinization and alternative chemical modalities
- Thin film characterization services and testing
Popular Membrane Materials
While we will custom-create any substrate for your needs, we most often find ourselves working with these popular custom silicon membrane fabrication materials.
- Amorphous, Single Crystal, or Nanocrystalline
- Sputter deposited 5 to 50 nm thick
- Nanocrystalline films are nanoporous with tunable pore sizes from 5 to 75 mm
- Amorphous silicon dioxide
- G-FLAT™ exclusive ultra-flat oxide
- Thermal, Sputter, or PECVD deposition
- Thicknesses from 20 to 4000 nm
- Amorphous silicon nitride
- LPCVD Low stress – tunable
- Thicknesses from 5 to 2000 nm
- Ultra-flat suspended membranes
Send us a brief summary of your project’s requirements and we’ll get back to you with a custom evaluation.
"*" indicates required fields